Thursday, May 22, we will be going on a field trip to John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids to learn about animal parents, their young, and how different animals grow up differently. Our Georgetown Parent Club has graciously covered the majority of the cost for this trip and all we need from you is $1 for each student. Please send $1 to school with your child in an envelope labeled with Zoo Trip and your child’s name. We need to submit payment to the zoo before spring break. We would appreciate your $1 by the end of February so that we could get things in order.
Just a few things for you to know:
All parents are welcome to join us for this trip. You will need to have a background check on file at school prior to the date of the trip if you plan to join us. If you need the paperwork for this, please let me know ASAP because this does take some time to process. Parent chaperones need to pay $8.50 for their admission upon arrival to the zoo. Siblings are more than welcome. The cost for a child (ages 3-13) is $6.50, all children 2 and under are free. If you have a Zoo pass, feel free to use that!
- You will need to pack a sack lunch for your child the day of the trip. We will be picnic-ing at the zoo.
- Send your child dressed for an outdoor trip. The zoo is an outdoor classroom and we will be spending most of the time outside.
- Discuss with your child that school behavior is expected. It is also important that your child stays with their group leader at all times.
If you plan to join us:
- Please let us know, so that we can make sure to put your student in a group with you for the tour groups.
- You will need to meet us at the zoo around 9:30. Feel free to follow the bus from the school to the zoo, but you will need to drive separately. There will only be enough room for the students and teachers on the busses.
- All students will need to come to school before the field trip. We will need to take attendance before we leave. So, plan on your child riding the bus with us.
- Departure time: 9:10 am-We will leave on a bus and be at the zoo around 9:30
- Return time: 1:15 pm-We will be back to school in time for your student to finish out the school day.