On Monday, May 22, the first grade classes will be going on a field trip to John Ball Zoo
All parents are welcome to join us for this trip. Parents attending will need to have background checks on file at school prior to the date of the trip. Parent chaperones do need to pay for their own admission upon arrival at the zoo. Siblings are more than welcome! If you have a ZooPass, you can use that for your admission.
- Your child will need to bring a sack lunch from home or order a sack lunch from school. We will place the school sack lunch orders when the trip date gets closer. We will be eating our lunches outside and picnicking at the zoo.
- Please send your child dressed for the weather. We are hoping for nice weather, but the month of May is unpredictable in Michigan! The zoo is an outdoor classroom and we will be spending all of the time outside.
- Discuss with your child that respectful behavior will be expected and that he/she will need to stay with his/her group leader at all times.
If you plan to join us…
- Please, let us know soon so that we can plan our groups.
- You will need to meet us at the zoo before 9:40. You can follow the bus to the zoo, but you will need to drive separately. There will only be enough room for students and teachers on the busses.
- You will be grouped with another parent and a small group of students to lead through the Zoo with a self guided tour.
- All students will need to come to school before the field trip because we will take attendance before we leave. If you are going to the zoo, your child will still need to ride the bus.
- Departure time from school is at 9:15 am. We should arrive at the zoo just before 9:40.
- We will leave the zoo around 1:30 pm. and arrive back at school in time to finish out the school day.