Important Notes: Week 34

Guess what?!?!  We have BABY CHICKS in our classroom!!!  I stopped into school each day this weekend to check on the hatching progress.  On Friday night, one egg was ever so slightly cracked.  On Saturday evening, two chicks had fully hatched and were drying out their wet wings.  A few other eggs were also starting to crack.  Today, I went in to visit we had a total of 16 chicks!!!  Here are a few pictures to share.  I also took a couple videos that I can’t wait to show the kids in the morning!!!  I’m hoping we’ll be able to watch some of the remaining chicks hatch tomorrow too!!!  SO MUCH FUN!!! 

May 8 & 9 – Nonfiction Writing Assessment

May 10 – Library Day

May 11 – PTC Meeting @ 6:30

May 12 – Scholastic Book Order Due

May 12 – Early Release Day

Students are dismissed from school at 12:15.  (Sack lunches can be ordered through Food Service and will be sent home with your child.  Please make sure your child knows if he or she needs to order a sack lunch.)

** This week we are switching our specials time with the 4th graders on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  They will be taking the M-STEP test during the morning on these days.**

We are getting excited for our field trip to the zoo and have loved studying animal life cycles – especially the chickens!!!  If you signed up to be a parent chaperone for the field trip, look for an e-mail early next week with all the details about the tour and your responsibilities.  If your availability has changed and you are no longer able to attend – just let me know!