Important Notes: Week 18

Welcome back, first grade families!!  I hope that everyone had a wonderful break!!  I am looking forward to seeing your first grader’s smiling face tomorrow.  :) :) :)   I also can’t wait to hear about your favorite adventures over break and share some of the fun that our family had too.  We will be reviewing a lot of routines tomorrow, begin studying nonfiction books, get new partner reading spots, and start our math switch groups!!!  Bring on the learning!!! :) :) :)

January 8 – Welcome Back!!!

January 9 – Library Day

January 12 – Early Release Day

Students are dismissed from school at 12:15.  Sack lunches can be ordered through Food Service and will be sent home with your child.  Please make sure your child knows if he or she needs to order a sack lunch.  Feel free to send me an e-mail so I know to order a lunch for your child.

A few reminders:

Library: Our check out day is on Tuesday. Please help your first grader find his/her library book and make sure that it is returned to school. Right now, our class can check out any books from the picture book section or the nonfiction section of our library. These books are just for fun and can be read with your child.

Snacks: We eat snacks twice a day – one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Please send in two healthy snacks so that your child stays fueled for learning.  Don’t forget a water bottle too!

Recess: We go outside for a lunchtime recess every day unless it is raining or the “feels like” temperature is below zero degrees. Please send your child to school with boots, hats, gloves, snow pants, and coats every day. Even if there isn’t snow on the ground, spending 30 minutes outside can get really chilly.

Sweatshirts: Our classroom can be on the chilly side so if your child would like to bring a sweatshirt to keep in their locker or on the back of their chair, that would be no problem!

Transportation Changes: If your child will be leaving school a different way than normal or if your child will be leaving early for an appointment, be sure to send a note in his or her blue folder or call the office to let us know of the changes before 3:00 pm.

Take Home Books: I have your child’s take-home book here at school!!!  I kept them over break, so you wouldn’t have to worry about reading them.  I placed your child’s bag back in his or her mailbox to take home on Monday.  Remember to return your child’s take home book back to school each day so he or she can choose a new one to bring home.

Thank you!

Rachel :)