Important Notes: Week 21

We had a great week of learning and are really enjoying our Readers’ Workshop in the afternoon!!  Moving our reading time to the afternoon has allowed us to read for longer and meet with reading partners everyday.  Check out our new daily schedule to see how our day has changed.  Click here –> DAILY SCHEDULE.

I will begin reassessing each first graders’ reading level soon to gather data for our March report cards and conferences.  Keep up the great work practicing sight words (if your child is still working on them), spelling words, and reading our take home books at home.  Your practice at home helps to build your first graders confidence and strategies when they are reading at school.  THANK YOU!!!

Look for an e-mail later today about our Zoo Field Trip in May.  We were able to secure a date in the spring: Monday, May 21.  We would love to have you join us!!!

January 30 – PE Apparel Forms Due

January 30 – Library Day

January 31 – Spelling Assessment

Covering all of our words this year: a, and, the, of, to, in, it, is, you, that, he, for, was, on, are, they, at, as, his, with

February 1 – How-To Writing Celebration

We will fancy up our writing and act our How-To directions with some of our buddies.

February 2 – Groundhogs Day

February 2 – Early Release Day

Students are dismissed from school at 12:15.  (Sack lunches can be ordered through Food Service and will be sent home with your child.  Please make sure your child knows if he or she needs to order a sack lunch.  Feel free to e-mail me to let me know.)

February 5 & 6 – NO SCHOOL: Mid-Winter Break

Have fun working on your valentines!!!  When you finish, please send your child’s valentines into school in a bag labeled with your child’s name.  I can store them here so they are ready for Valentine’s Day.

Mrs. Stadt :)