Important Notes: Week 37

THANK YOU so much to all the moms, dads, grandpas and grandmas that came with us to the zoo last Monday!!!  We had a great time touring the zoo, ate a delicious picnic lunch, and managed to avoid most of the heavy rain!!  The kids loved sharing about all the animals they saw and their favorite parts of the day. :)

Be sure to check our photo stream to see pictures from our Zoo Field Trip and Locker Decorating Day!!!

We will be enjoying some, fun themed days over the next two weeks.  All of these special days are a surprise that will be revealed to the kids the day before.  (Shhhhh – please help me keep all of the fun a secret!!!)  I will send an e-mail the day before if something special from home is needed at school.  Thank you for your help!

May 28 – Memorial DayNo School

May 29 – Last Homework Packet Sent Home

Thank you so much for helping your child complete their homework packets each week!!!  Look for an e-mail with some ideas for summer learning later this week.  I will also send home some books lists at your child’s just right level to help when you are looking for books to read over the summer.  If you are wondering about tutoring or additional resources, just send me an e-mail.

May 29 – No Shoes Day

Send your child to school in their shoes, but we will take them off and let our feet relax in the classroom.

May 30 – Hat/Crazy Hair Day

May 31 – Sports Day

June 1 – Toy Day

June 1 – Talent Show

The 3rd-5th graders are performing.  We get to watch the afternoon show!

Please make sure your child continues to come to school with their blue folder and backpack. A lot of materials, creations, and goodies will be coming home over the next two weeks.  It is hard to believe that our year is almost done – only 8.5 more days!

One last note, I have received some chalk and bubbles donations so far (Thank you, Thank you!!).  If you have not donated anything yet, please consider the larger bottles of bubbles!! Feel free to send in your goodies anytime before that day.  Thanks so much!

Happy Memorial Day!!!