Important Notes: Week #3

The cool temperatures this weekend definitely made it fell like fall. It was a nice break from the hot, hot weather we’ve been having. We were able to enjoy some fun outdoor fall activities – I hope your family did too!! Be sure to check out our class photo stream to see a glimpse of readers workshop time and some of the other fun activities/lessons/breaks we’ve enjoyed this week.  Just send me an e-mail if you would like me to share the link with your family again. :)

September 10 – Library Day

We were able to get our first books from the library on Friday!  Our regular library day is on Mondays (we had to reschedule last week due to Labor Day). Send your child’s book back to school tomorrow so he/she can pick out a new one. If you forgot, no problem! :) You can always send it back the following week. If your child forgets and really wants to get a new one, just send me an e-mail and Mrs. Vandenberg (our librarian) and I will coordinate a time when your child can go down.

**The book that your child chooses from the library is a “just for fun” book.  Right now, the kids may choose any picture book they would like.  (Later in the year, they will be able to choose from nonfiction and chapter books too.)  Library books are perfect for you to read aloud to your child as a part of your nightly reading routine.  In a couple weeks, your child will begin bringing home a “take home book” at their “just right” reading level.  These books will be excellent practice for your child to read aloud to you at home.  Please feel free to send your child’s library book back to school as soon as you are finished reading it.  We have a bin to collect them in, and I will make sure your child’s book makes it back to the library.**

September 12 – Stuffed Animal Day

We have been working very hard to follow our first grade rules and reached out first class goal.  On Wednesday, your child may bring a stuffed animal to school. I will text a reminder Tuesday night and share more details on the blog later this week!

September 13 – Jet’s Pizza Night

September 14 – Early Release Day

Students are dismissed from school at 12:15.  Sack lunches can be ordered through Food Service and will be sent home with your child.  Please make sure your child knows if he or she needs to order a sack lunch. Feel free to send me an e-mail to let me know. :)