Important Notes: Week #7

It was a cold, rainy day for the Walk-a-thon this past Friday, but we didn’t let the yucky weather get us down.  We had a blast walking around the school and dancing some Zoomba in the multipurpose room.  Thank you so much for sending in your donations in support of our school.  Prize winners will be announced later this week once all of the donations have been counted.  Pictures from the Walk-a-thon have been posted to our google photo stream – just send me an e-mail if you would like me to re-share the link.

This week, we visited RazKids, a fantastic website full of books at your child’s just-right level, on the computers and iPads.  Your child has access to this wonderful website at home too!  It is a great resource to use for snow days and during days off from school.  To access it, just log onto Clever using the name and password located on your child’s blue folder.  Click on the RazKids app. My teacher username is: rstadt0. Your child’s password for RazKids is the same password that they use to log in to Clever.  Have fun exploring!

October 8 – Homework Packet Due

Thank you so much for helping your child read, practice sight words, and complete their math pages this past week.  Remember, new sight words will be sent home when your child moves on to a new level at school.  Right now, myself and our first grade parapro, are meeting with students to practice words.  Soon, we will have parent and baseball helpers working with our first graders too.  Your child will progress through words more quickly when this support begins! :)

October 8 – Walkathon Donations Due

October 8 – Library Day

Help your child bring his/her book back to school.

October 11 – Jet’s Pizza Night

October 12 – Early Release Day

Students are dismissed from school at 12:15.  (Sack lunches can be ordered through Food Service and will be sent home with your child.  Please make sure your child knows if he or she needs to order a sack lunch.  Feel free to send me an e-mail to let me know if a sack lunch is needed.)

Our Halloween Party is coming together!!  Thank you so much to everyone who has volunteered materials and your time already!!  Remember our party will take place Wednesday, October 31 @ 12:45.  If you are planning to attend the party, please sign up to assist with the craft, game, or snack and fill out the background check form: BACKGROUND CHECK.Click to View Volunteer Opportunities on SignUp.com

If you would like to donate to our party, we could especially use: a healthy snack and more volunteers for the game and craft.