Important Notes: Week #8

Brrrrr!!!  The weather is sure starting to feel like fall. As your child begins to bring their cold weather gear to school, don’t forget to label everything.  Hats, gloves, and even boots frequently go missing and we want to make sure all these items get returned to the correct owner.

We had so much fun working on our sight words with some of the Grand Valley baseball players on our half day of school.  Thank you, Mr. Detillion, for bringing in some of your team to spend time with us at school!

On our half day we also made the cutest pumpkins – check the photo stream for a picture of your child holding their masterpiece. :)  Always feel free to send me an e-mail if you would like me to re-share our photo stream link with you.

October 15 – Library Day

Please help your first grader return his/her book.

October 19 – Sight Word Parent Helpers Begin

Volunteers, look for an e-mail tonight with more details about when to arrive, where to go, and what to do.  Also, all volunteers must fill out our background check survey.  I will include this link in the e-mail.  The kids are so excited to have you come! :)

October 22 – Holiday Posters Due

Please feel free to begin sending in any Halloween party donations.  I can hold on to these items at school.  If you are interested in donating or volunteering, here is the signup.com link:

Click to View Volunteer Opportunities on SignUp.com