Mrs. Stadt

image
Hello and welcome to the first grade blog for Room 106!!!

My name is Rachel Stadt and this year will be my ninth year teaching first grade.  (I can hardly believe it – it seems like just yesterday I was welcoming my very first group of first graders!!!)

My passion for teaching began in high school.  I was blessed to be involved in two amazing classroom experiences in which I got to spend time teaching Spanish to first graders and assisting in a second grade classroom.  I loved it!!!  When I headed to college, I knew I wanted to continue pursuing this dream.  At Hope College, I studied learning disabilities (inspired by my little brother who struggled with reading in elementary school) and graduated with a Special Education degree in 2006.  I began working at Georgetown Elementary the following year as a paraprofessional in first grade and later as a long term substitute in the resource room.  I loved my experience working in the first grade classrooms and was thrilled to become a first grade teacher the following year.  I continued my education at Grand Valley where I graduated with my Masters of Special Education in 2013.  I absolutely love teaching first grade and couldn’t ask for a better team of teachers to work with!!!

Our family lives in Grandville – where both my husband, Justin, and I grew up.  He works for the City of Grand Rapids as a Housing Rehab Specialist and is also a paid-on-call firefighter for the City of Grandville.  We have been married for nine years and we have FOUR adorable children!!!  Amelia is 6.  She will be in first grade here at Georgetown Elementary this year.  She loves to play soccer and make any kind of arts/crafts.  Evelyn is 4.  She loves to sing, dance, and pretend.  Henry is 1.  He is always making us laugh and loves anything with wheels, especially busses & jeeps.  Violet is 5 months old.  She is the most happy baby.  She has begun rolling over and scoots everywhere on her back.  Our four little ones keep us pretty busy!!!  When we’re not playing outside, reading books, gardening or riding bikes, you can find my husband and I working on our house.  We purchased a fixer upper two years ago and we have been slowly renovating the interior.  Our goal for this summer is to tackle some outdoor projects.

First grade is such a special year!!!  Your child will experience amazing growth as a reader, writer and mathematician this year.  It is such a privilege to be a part of this journey!  Make sure to check our blog often to stay up-to-date on our learning and fun!!!

Warmly,

Rachel :)