Studies have shown that students can lose up to 50% of learning during the summer vacation. Georgetown is challenging you and your child to “KEEP ON LEARNING” this summer to prevent summer slide. There are two ways to record your learning time:
Our goals for students over the summer are below. Students who reach or exceed goals will be entered in a drawing for an Amazon Gift Card (1 per grade). This is for their grade next year.
- First Grade: 100 minutes
- Second Grade: 200 minutes
- Third Grade: 300 minutes
- Fourth Grade: 400 minutes
- Fifth Grade: 400 minutes
- First Grade: 100 pts
- Second Grade: 200 pts
- Third Grade: 300 pts
- Fourth Grade: 400 pts
- Fifth Grade: 500 pts
- Reading: Log into this form to record the number of minutes you read. You can record each day or enter the total for each week.
If your child is new to the school and you would like login information, email Mrs. Reagan. email@example.com
Have a great summer…and keep on learning with READING and MOBYMAX!
Did you know that every BOXTOP and every COKE CAP collected earns money for our school? This summer we would like you to work hard to collect both. The money we earn will go toward a basketball hoop on our K/1 playground!
BOXTOPS: Every completed BOXTOP sheet is worth $5.00. If every child from Georgetown (approx 570) fills one sheet this summer, our school will earn $2,750. Many thanks to Lori Simpson and all of you who are on her team of BOX TOP counters, trimmers and packers. This is a great program that pays off because of all of YOU! Download your form here: Summer Box Tops
COKE CAPS: Super easy. Save the caps and go online to enter collection! COKE WEBSITE (https://us.coca-cola.com/give/) Select Georgetown Elementary and enter the code on the cap. Now you can recycle the cap. No need to send it to school.
Welcome to first grade!!! I am so excited that your child will be learning and growing in Room 106 this year!!!
Please take some time to explore all of the pages, posts, and links on our class blog. While you are looking around, make sure that you subscribe for updates by adding your email in the subscribe box. Our class blog will be the place to check for information about school supplies, special events, pictures, curriculum, assessments, and more. A school supply list will be posted on July 1.
Also, remember to sign up for email updates on the Georgetown School Blog. The school blog will provide updates all summer long about school wide events and important details about open houses and calendar dates.
If you would like to learn more about me, click here –> ALL ABOUT MRS. STADT
Looking forward to a great year together!!
Mrs. Stadt :)
First Grade Families,
Summer is just around the corner! If you are looking for some ideas to enhance your child’s summer fun, remember he or she has access to the following activities all summer long…
1. Book Lists – Today I sent home a book list with some (easy-to-find) book ideas for your child’s independent and guided reading levels. Your child should spend 20 minutes reading at home each day. Plan to build this into your daily routine. If you are looking for some great series books, we have been loving these characters at school: Mr. Putter & Tabby, Henry & Mudge, Poppleton, Frog & Friends, Zelda & Ivy, Walter & Iris, Young Cam Jansen, Freddy Fernortner, Junie B. Jones, and Magic Tree House.
2. Raz-Kids – Continue to read books, listen to stories, and take comprehension quizzes even during the summer! I have updated your child’s level so it matches the books that are just right for him or her. Of course, when you have finished one level, you can move right up to the next one! This is great practice for the Reading Counts program that your child will be starting next year. Log-in to CLEVER to access Raz-Kids.
3. Moby Max – This website offers a great way to practice the math fact fluency that we have focused on all school year. A quick 5 minute practice each day is a great way to keep your child’s skills fresh. There are also games and learning activities in other subject areas. Have fun exploring! Log-in to CLEVER to access MobyMax.
4. Summer Library – Our school library is open on Tuesdays from 9:30 until 10:30. Find some “just right” books to read at home and chat with your past and future teachers too!
5. Math Packets – If you are interesting in working with your child on some problem solving skills, I sent home some math review packets from our units this year for you and your child to work on. These are totally optional, but do offer some great practice with some of our most challenging math skills and strategies.
Thank you for encouraging your child to keep on learning over the summer!
Mrs. Stadt :)
Our final week of the 2017-2018 school year is here!!! I can still picture each cute little first grader on the first day of school. It is hard to believe that 37 weeks of being nice, working hard and learning well have passed. In celebration of our amazing journey this year, we will be enjoying fun activities each day this week just like last week. We will also be working on a special Memory Book all week as we take a look back at our favorite events and learning from the year!
June 4 – Autograph Day with Fancy Pens
Your child’s book of writing from our celebrations and assessment throughout the year will come home today! We will have a special donut party to celebrate!!!
June 5 – Twin Day with Bubble Gum
June 6 – Beach Day & Outdoor Fun Day!!!
Send in beach towels, sunglasses, and don’t forget to apply sun tan lotion before school!! Thank you for all the donations that have been sent in over the past few weeks!!!
June 7 – Movie and Popcorn Day
June 8 – Classroom Awards
June 8 – Last Day of School & Early Release Day
Students are dismissed from school at 12:15. (Sack lunches can be ordered through Food Service and will be sent home with your child. Please make sure your child knows if he or she needs to order a sack lunch.)
June 15 – Report Cards E-mailed
Report cards will be sent via e-mail on June 15 @ 10:00 AM. Information about your child’s second grade teacher will be on the comments page. Class lists will not be posted due to confidentiality.
June 30 – Happy Birthday Rich!!!
It is going to be a great week!!!
Don’t forget to continue to empty and send backpacks and blue folders right up until the last day of school. Lots of goodies are still being sent home. Thank you!!!