First Grade Families,
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the new procedures concerning our Hudsonville Bus Policy. If you would like your child to ride home on a different bus than normal, this policy must be followed:
Board Policy has not changed regarding NO NOTES/BUS CHANGES for preK and kindergarten students. This remains the same.
BUS PASS Procedures for Grades 1-5 are as follows:
1. Parents must submit the attached BUS PASS to the transportation office by 10:00 am the morning of the transportation change. Parents will be notified by 1:00 pm if the change is approved or denied. DO NOT CALL SCHOOL OFFICE FOR INFORMATION. If you have questions call Transportation: 616-669-7757
- Download form and Fax: 616-669-4876 DOWNLOAD: BUS PASS for Grades 1-5 Students
- Scan/Email form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit an online BUS PASS ONLINE FORM
2. Schools will be notified of the changes by 2 pm of the day of change. The bus driver will also receive notification of the change in transportation.
Questions about policy go to Jane Bykerk, Director of Transportation.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 616.669.7757
Each school day, we are helping 590 children exit the building to the correct bus or to parents who are waiting for pick up in the front lobby or to Eagle’s Nest after school care. In addition, we have students who bike or walk to school. We take great care in making sure that each child is taken care of each day. PLEASE send a note to your teacher if you change the going home routine in anyway at all. If we do not have a note, we will follow the planned routine.
ALSO, WE CANNOT TAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE GOING HOME ARRANGE- MENTS AFTER 3 PM.
ALL CHANGES MUST BE DONE WITH A NOTE TO THE TEACHER OR A CALL TO THE OFFICE.
AGAIN, NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE AFTER 3 PM.
Why do we have this time limit? The office is extremely busy between 3:00 pm and 3:40 pm. There are times in which we cannot answer the phones due to traffic in the office as well as multiple calls coming in to the office. Also, students are on the playground for recess and it is difficult to reach teachers to make them aware of changes in “going home” the last 40 minutes of the day.
Thank you for you help…and please be patient as we take extra time to safely get your children from school to home.
Here’s to a great week ahead!